Top 10 Anti-Aging Foods for Skin – InShape Medical
Read on to find the 10 best anti-aging foods for healthy skin. Want to talk to a specialist? Please give us a call or book an appointment. We are conveniently located at 107 Edinburgh S. Drive, Suite 215 Cary, NC 27511.
If you turn on your TV, open a magazine or browse the internet, you can be completely overwhelmed by the various beauty and anti-aging products that claim to shave years off your real age and appearance, particularly when it comes to skin health. And while it’s true that most of us want to look and feel more youthful and attractive, we need to be cautious of falling for false promises; because with the high demand for products that work, many businesses try to capitalize on our desires for reclaimed youth.
If you are one of the millions out there trying to find a solution to looking younger, then you may not need to look much farther than the grocery store. That’s right – by eating the right kind of foods (anti-aging foods) you can potentially restore some youthfulness to your appearance.
To that end, following are the top 10 best anti-aging foods that you should seriously consider. These anti-aging foods contain micronutrients that can play a significant role in maintaining healthy skin.
- Spinach: Spinach is one of the best anti-aging foods. It rejuvenates the skin and makes it look healthier. A cup of spinach contains a gram of protein, loads of beta-carotene, iron, and Vitamin C. Top spinach salad with strawberries for an additional anti-aging Magnesium present in it activates enzymes, which help the body to produce the hormone DHEA, which helps fight wrinkles.
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt: Nonfat Greek yogurt is a rich source of protein and low in sugar that keeps you lean. It is also a powerhouse of vitamin A that keeps your skin clear and reduces wrinkles.
- Lean Meat: Lean meats like fish, chicken and turkey contain less saturated fat than many other meats. These protein sources are also known for repairing damaged skin cells. For instance, many fish are rich in Omega-3 fats which help to boost collagen, keeping the skin firm and preventing the formation of wrinkles.
- Eggs: Eggs are a rich source of proteins and vitamins. Eggs contain micronutrients that help tighten skin to reduce wrinkles.
- Nuts: Nuts are rich sources of unsaturated fats and certain compounds that are known to ease inflammation. They also contain copper, which, if taken in low levels, can help reduce premature gray hairs. In addition, they’re concentrated sources of minerals, vitamins, and other phytochemicals, including antioxidants.
- Berries: Berries such as strawberries and blueberries have a high-level of anti-oxidants which prevent free radicals from aging the skin. They also help prevent cellulite that makes skin look tired and aged.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a rich source of Vitamin-E, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory monounsaturated fat that help prevent aging.
- Avocado: Avocados have powerful anti-aging properties. These contain a combination of critical fatty acids, essential amino acids and anti-oxidant phytonutrients that fight against free radicals and repair damaged cells.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is full of phytonutrients that decrease inflammation. Broccoli detoxifies the body and purifies the skin making it look younger.
- Soy-Milk: Soymilk contains isoflavones that preserves the elasticity of the skin. These compounds help prevent collagen breakdown and therefore avoid wrinkles.
Also, know that a good anti-aging clinic has experts on what foods compliment their protocols. A good anti-aging clinic will provide solid nutritional counseling to help you reach your goals. The bottom line is that adding some of these foods to your daily diet will help protect your skin’s health by providing the micro nutrients necessary for retaining a youthful glow. And if you couple that with the treatments available at an anti-aging clinic, your skin will thank you for years to come.
InShape Medical is a wellness, anti-aging, aesthetics, and weight loss clinic located in the Apex-Cary area of the Triangle, serving the greater Raleigh, NC area. The health professionals atInShape Medical take a mind-body, positive health approach to helping their patients gain better health and well-being using the most effective protocols and practices. Health and wellness coaching is central to their approach and the reason that their clients have such a positive experience and high success rates. They can be reached at (919) 629-9261 or visit them at InShape Medical
Dennis writes on topics that can have positive health benefits for his readers. He has coached hundreds of individuals in health and wellbeing. He has also consulted with hundreds of large and small companies and organizations to help increase the health and wellbeing of their employees. Through his work, he has positively impacted the health and well-being of thousands of individuals. Dennis has a passion for helping people to live happier, healthier, more prosperous and rewarding lives. His articles can be read at: Flourish for Life Blogs