BioTE Pellet Hormone Therapy Specialist in Cary, NC
Are you suffering from fatigue, mood swings, depression, or other signs of hormonal imbalance? Biote™ hormone pellet therapy can help you recover. For more information, request an appointment online or call us today. We are located at 107 Edinburgh S. Drive, Suite 215 Cary, NC 27511.
Table of Contents:
What are the symptoms of hormone imbalance?
What are the benefits of hormone therapy?
How can BioTE benefit me?
Who is a good candidate for BioTE?
What causes hormonal imbalances?
The human body requires a delicate balance of hormones in order to properly function; when any one of these hormones becomes imbalanced, with either a surplus or deficiency, certain physiological processes fail to perform as they should. This can result in a number of symptoms, such as fatigue, weight gain, unexplained weight loss, irritability, and sleep problems. It is important to have any symptoms of a hormonal imbalance addressed as soon as possible in order to prevent complications from arising.
Even the slightest hormonal imbalance can have a noticeable effect on one’s overall health and wellbeing, negatively affecting the quality of life. Levels of hormones naturally fluctuate at various stages of life stages, including during puberty, and for women during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy and menopause. They can also be affected by lifestyle choices and certain medical conditions, as well as some medications. The most common hormonal imbalance symptoms include:
• Lack of energy and fatigue
• Difficulty sleeping at night (insomnia)
• Reduced mental focus and memory
• Mood swings, anxiousness, and low mood
• Weight gain, including increased fat around the midsection
• Inability to lose weight despite diet & exercise
• Decreased muscle strength
• Muscle and joint discomfort
• Reduced sexual desire and performance
• Heavy or painful periods
• Skin problems
• Fertility problems
• Weak bones
• Vaginal dryness
Hormone therapy provides a long list of incredible benefits and can reduce the severity of a number of related symptoms, sometimes eliminating them altogether. Some benefits include:
• Increased Energy, Strength & Weight Loss — When hormones are in harmony, the body can function optimally, which comes with a boost in energy levels, improved strength and physical capability, and weight loss.
• Improved Sleep, Mood & Memory — Mental health is just as important as physical health and is responsible for how we feel from day to day, our emotional disposition, how we respond to stressful situations, and our ability to sleep soundly. Hormone therapy has been proven to enhance mental health and improve cognitive function, allowing people to live a better quality of life.
• Restored Libido & Improved Relationships — Sexual performance and sex drive have a big impact on quality of life and are highly influential on the health of a relationship. Hormonal imbalances can stress personal relationships by reducing the desire for sex or intimacy, which can be ameliorated with hormone therapy.
• Feel Younger, Healthier & Happier — When the body is functioning as it should, age is just a number, not a defining characteristic of our overall health and wellness. Having the proper hormonal balances enables us with youth and vigor, giving us the tools we need to live a happy, healthy life.
BioTE can help address hormonal deficiencies and surpluses by regulating levels and balancing specific hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen. It can help ameliorate symptoms associated with imbalanced or depleted hormones, including:
• Weight gain
• Thinning hair or increased hair loss
• Night sweats
• Increased facial hair
• Low libido
• Painful sex
Patients who are considered good candidates for BioTE include those who are exhibiting significant menopausal symptoms, have osteoporosis or colon cancer in their family history, underwent surgery or medical treatments such as chemotherapy, or are experiencing symptoms associated with a hormonal imbalance, such as fatigue, low libido, unexplained weight gain or loss, and trouble sleeping. On the contrary, candidates who may not be ideal for BioTE treatment include those with certain types of cancer or certain types of cardiovascular disease. BioTe practitioners are trained in which specific contraindications exclude treatment.
Common causes of hormone imbalances include:
• Medications and Drugs
• Eating Disorders
If you are experiencing the signs and symptoms of a hormonal imbalance, come to InShape Medical to find out how hormone therapy can benefit you! Please give us a call or book an appointment for more information. We are located at 107 Edinburgh S. Drive, Suite 215 Cary, NC 27511. We serve clients from Cary NC, Raleigh NC, Durham NC, Chapel Hill NC, Apex NC, Pittsboro NC, and Garner NC.