Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips in Cary, NC
Read on to find top ten tips to keep your skin looking young and beautiful. Want to talk to a a specialist? Please give Dr. Joshua Dobstaff a call and contact or book an appointment. We are conveniently located at 107 Edinburgh S. Drive, Suite 215 Cary, NC 27511. We serve patients from Cary NC, West Raleigh NC, Apex NC, Morrisville NC, Clegg NC, Preston NC, Durham NC, and surrounding areas.
As a medical professionals with many years of experience in facial aesthetics treatments, we are often asked the best ways to keep skin looking young and beautiful. Following are our top ten tips for the best anti-aging skin care:
1) Stay Hydrated. No matter what diet you keep or skin care routine you have, drinking plenty of water will help flush toxins out of your body to help keep skin looking young. Most people should be drinking between two and three liters of water every day. Try to spread your water intake throughout the day. (Here’s a link to an article will help you figure our how much water is right for you.) However, be cautious of too much water later in the evening to keep from too many bathroom trips at night, which can disrupt sleep. (see tip #2 below)
2) Get good quality sleep. When your body is getting quality sleep, your pituitary gland is producing more growth hormone to help keep skin looking young. Growth hormone aids in cell and tissue repair, including your skin cells.
3) Drink Green Tea. Some research indicates that green tea can help keep skin looking young and even help prevent skin cancer. Drinking green tea is also a great alternative to regular tea and coffee (which contain higher levels of caffeine). There are many other proven health benefits of green tea, including fat loss. Green tea can speed up your metabolism, which in turn burns fat quicker.
4) Wear Sunscreen. This is one of the most important tips in this list. It’s critical that you protect your skin from harmful UV rays and sun damage to keep skin looking young. Overexposure can lead to skin damage, early aging and even skin cancer. When looking for a good sun cream, make sure it is at least SPF 30. If it has Titanium or Zinc oxide in its ingredients, that’s even better!
5) De-stress. Believe it or not, being stressed can actually damage your skin. Chronic stress can thin your skin and make you more susceptible to eczema and aging. Take time to chill-out and enjoy your life. Do yoga, read that book that you’ve been wanting to read, or maybe go see a movie. Meditation and hypnosis can also be very effective practices for reducing stress.
6) Remove Your Make-up. We’ve all been guilty of it (probably even David Bowie), but after an exhausting night sometimes you just need to get to bed. That’s a huge mistake! Leaving your make up on cannot only clog your pores but can lead to skin irritation and acne. And who needs that?
7) Clean make-up brushes every 2 weeks and change pillow cases every few days. Bacteria and oils can build up on brushes and your pillowcase, leading to blemishes and acne flare-ups.
8) Exfoliate on a regular basis.Use AHAs (Alpha-Hydroxy-Acids) such as glycolic or salicylic peels to polish and expose new skin by removing the old dead skin cells and keep skin looking young and beautiful. Chemical peels can also be very effective as part of an acne skin care program.
9) Eat healthily and keep your body at a healthy weight. Knowing how and what to eat, can make a huge difference in how your skin looks and feels. Weight gain causes your skin to stretch. As you get older, your skin loses its elasticity and you’re left with sagging skin. The best solution to this is to maintain a proper weight. (Here’s a link to an article article on foods that support skin health)
10) The best treatment for wrinkles is to prevent them in the first place. Wrinkles are caused from repetitive movement that causes scarring. Regular anti-aging skin care, chemical peels and Botox cosmetic can help keep wrinkles from occurring at all and keep skin looking young.
The bottom line is to just take the time to take care of your skin. When you practice anti-aging skin care, you’ll see the difference. InShape Medical has many products and services that can help keep skin looking young and at its best – such as, Glytone peels and skin care products; Fractora skin rejuvenation; Forma skin tightening; Botox cosmetic; Juvederm fillers; and micro-needling. If you would like to know more about how the professionals at InShape Medical can help your skin look its best, just give us a call at (919) 629-9261 for a free consultation.
InShape Medical is a wellness, anti-aging, aesthetics, and weight loss clinic located in the Apex-Cary area of the Triangle, serving the greater Raleigh, NC area. The health professionals atInShape Medical take a mind-body, positive health approach to helping their patients gain better health and well-being using the most effective protocols and practices. Health and wellness coaching is central to their approach and the reason that their clients have such a positive experience and high success rates. They can be reached at (919) 629-9261 or visit them at InShape Medical
Dennis writes on topics that can have positive health benefits for his readers. He has coached hundreds of individuals in health and wellbeing. He has also consulted with hundreds of large and small companies and organizations to help increase the health and wellbeing of their employees. Through his work, he has positively impacted the health and well-being of thousands of individuals. Dennis has a passion for helping people to live happier, healthier, more prosperous and rewarding lives. His articles can be read at: Flourish for Life Blogs